How do I get to Aberfeldy?
So how do I get to Aberfeldy? Below we have covered some of the key travel information for getting you to the Aberfeldy area. All our Hostels and bunkhouses are located in the greater Aberfeldy area, Perthshire, Scotland.
- Self Driving is the best way to get to Aberfeldy and Perthshire as this lets you fully explore the stunning countryside.
- You can get to Aberfeldy by bus from both Perth and Pitlochry with regular services seven days a week.
- You can get to Aberfeldy by a combination of train and bus. Catch a train to Perth or Pitlochry and then catch a bus.
- For groups, we can arrange to pick you up from Edinburgh city centre or Edinburgh airport or Glasgow city centre or Glasgow airport by minibus or larger bus depending on the size of the group
Self Driving is the best way to get to Aberfeldy and Perthshire as this lets you fully explore the stunning countryside. Below are the rough times and road options from the main areas of Scotland.
- M80, M9, A9 is the fastest route averaging around 90 minutes
- M80, M9, A9, A85 then onto the Perthshire Tourist route through Crief – 90 minutes
- A82, A85 up past Loch Lomond then to Killin, Loch Tay and Aberfeldy – 150 minutes
- A90, M90, A9 Up through Fife to Perth then Aberfeldy around 90 minutes
From Oban and the West
- A85 , A827 great views around 130 minutes
- A9 A nice fast route. Around 120 minutes
You can get to Aberfeldy by bus from both Perth and Pitlochry with regular services seven days a week.
For more information on Bus time tables
We recommend using Google maps from your phone or PC before and during travel to Aberfeldy as they can show you the exact information from your location including walking, buses, trains and driving options.